Thursday, September 10, 2009

Describing A Place- Tennis Court/Park

The heat of the scorching sun shines in my eyes as I gently toss the ball up and get ready to serve. The ball leaves my racket and lands on the opposite box of the court. I run to the back and wait for my opponents return; but her lack of effort leaves her pointless and I win forty- love. I finally take a deep breath and sit on the Tennis court to take a break. I see my opponents disappointed face; so I tried not to make eye contact and begin to look at the beauty on and around the court. Ten tall columnar trees stretch their branches up and block the sun out of my eyes. Also, the trees overshadow the court and cool the breeze which further cools the court. To my right are overused basketball courts. The nets around the hoops are missing and the outlines are diminishing. Farther from the court is a baseball field deserted, while the nearby soccer field is populated by young children. The green grass is calming over the children’s obnoxious screams. Straight ahead of me is the Tennis backboard which used to be completely useless for me because the ball would either go over the backboard or was to fast for me to hit a second time. Behind the backboard is the park’s playground it is also always overpopulated with people young and old. My opponents arrival back to the court brought my focus back to the Tennis court. The green court outlined in white is the place for.

1 comment:

Lorita said...

Oh, wow, beautiful! I can actually feel the heat on the tennis court and the beautiful scenery around it. It feels real good.